Friday, October 24, 2008

Neon Signs



Glimmering in the moonlit night,
it was one of them signs towed
at the back of a truck, bright
like Gen.hookers gals...always, bright.

I scraped at my window, to see
If the light would brighten the
damply room. Was it heresy?
What it clearly read? Too artsy?

Perhaps, I needed cleaner windows
mine were hardly, like ghostly
canvases which took the artists' blows
and were left bland and callous.

I could hear the neighbours cot
creaking, his gelded weight
burdening it. The floor rot
with him acting up the colt.

I stepped into the night
and my drunk heart was singin
a medley to the moonlight
the sign still flashed birght.

The muted moans next door
were killed by the neon buzz
that lit up the ground floor
and then died at my door.
----------------------------
~Hemanth

6 comments:

Mampi said...

blogrolling you

Keshi said...

Nice!

That pic somehow reminded me of a lonely faraway motel we once passed driving to Central Coast..

Keshi.

Indian Home Maker said...

Hemanth a very Happy Diwali to you :)

ThoughtSafari said...

This one has a secretive, dark sort of feel to it, doesn't it?

Liked your writing. Am blogrolling you.

~Hemanth~ said...

@ThoughtSafari: Glad you liked and yes it does have a secretive tone..
and everytime I reply, am trying hard to never reveal what I was thinking when I wrote it..its hard to keep secrets!!!

Enchanted Times said...

Its not hard when you forget the secret... stop remembering it and stop thinking over and again when you read this comment.

IndiBlogger - Where Indian Blogs Meet